Friday 5 August 2011

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

I have never felt so out of sync in my life as throughout the past year when I have had little to no control of how clean my environment is.

I've been torn between cleaning up constantly after people and leaving my supposed home to pile up dirt because I can't expend my energy cleaning up after people. You know which one seems to be winning.

I'm going to do as much as I can to keep my environment clean but I will not be a slave to other people's uncleanliness anymore. There's only so much I can do. I can't transform a person's mind if they are not conscious of the importance of cleanliness. Untidiness I can deal with, but uncleanliness is really difficult.

That's because your home should be your sanctified space. It is the place where you should feel most comfortable and where you can feel close to God. God cannot bless a mess. If your home is a mess, and you are in tune with your power source (God), you are bound to feel uncomfortable with any kind of mess in your home.


We all have our days when pure exhaustion will stop us from doing some bit of cleaning up that we know should be done. But anyone who can DWELL in a mess has to check-in with their spirit and see if anything else in their lives is in disorder. If you can allow dishes to pile up in the sink, drag dirt into your home or leave your dirty laundry piled up for weeks or months then there is likely some other form of disorder in your life that is stopping you from getting closer to God.

Apart from that, I can testify that simply being constantly surrounded by a mess that you have no control over can be a hindrance from getting your own life in order. I am reminding myself that no condition is permanent. God has made a way out of these times for me though I am yet to see that way. My times are in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment