Monday 22 August 2011

"When you are required to exhibit strength, it comes." Joseph Campbell


It's true that God will never allow you to be saddled with more of a burden than He knows you can bear. I can now say that this past year of being unemployed and perpetually broke has taught me to solely seek Him and rely on Him for EVERYTHING. I don't think I could have drawn all this strength and calm from anywhere except from my spiritual core.

I've also learned that my God is truly Jehovah Jireh. When I'm been down to my very last pence and wondered where on Earth I was going to get my last meal from, He has always sent me someone or something. He is my provider.
I've learned to stop asking why and to simply focus on how good He's been to me. It's funny, even as I write this I know I'll have to come back to this lesson again soon.

I've also learned something new about myself: that I treat the obstacles in my life like I treat needles. When I see a bad situation coming and realise that I can't avoid it, I simply bite down, grind my teeth and ride it out, albeit with some complaints here and there.

1 comment:

  1. sorry i know you said not worth commenting, but i simply had to, i find you a very interesting human being, and i have enjoyed reading your blogs, hope you dont mind xxsarahxx

    ReplyDelete